Rear hub troubles

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear hub troubles
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 23:08:50 -0400
I have a '59 Lotus Series one Seven that is mostly Spridget parts (e.g.
drivetrain).  I am having real troubles getting the rubber o-ring and paper
gasket to properly seal the 90 weight oil from my rear brake shoes.  I have
replaced the paper gasket and o-ring three times now and am running out of
paper gaskets and o-rings.  I am sure that you all have lots of experience
with this and I hope that you can give me some pointers.

How tight do you tighten the big nut that is either RH or LH threads before
bending the lock tab down to hold it?

What is the secret to making these gaskets/o-rings work?

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance for all of your pointers.

Mike Carpenter
'59 Lotus Seven
'59 Bugeye
'62 Sprite