Re: Rear hub troubles

To: mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear hub troubles
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:48:05 -0500
...... and if the axle breather, located in the upper right hand side of
the housing, is not clear, pressure builds within the diff and will push
oil out of somewhere, often past those pesky gaskets and orings. It acts
like a PCV valve, and is a ball and spring frequently clogged.
         Peter C.
=====
At 04:30 AM 8/9/2004, DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/8/04 8:09:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com writes:
> >  I have
> > replaced the paper gasket and o-ring three times now and am running out of
> > paper gaskets and o-rings.  I am sure that you all have lots of experience
> > with this and I hope that you can give me some pointers.
> >
> > How tight do you tighten the big nut that is either RH or LH threads before
> > bending the lock tab down to hold it?
> >
> > What is the secret to making these gaskets/o-rings work?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: