Re: Removing Rear Axle?

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, cartman@rcn.com
Subject: Re: Removing Rear Axle?
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:47:27 -0400
Got the pumpkin nuts off, but the pumpkin will slide out only
about 1/4" then binds. The left side axle will slide out no more than
about 1/4" then binds. No joy either way!

If I tap a rod thru the axle from the right side, am I certain not to be
banging on the pinion gear or its carrier??

thanks

chuck

Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

> If it broke at the splined end, in the center of the diff, you usually
> have to get something like a long 1/4" steel rod to pound them out
> from the other side (remove the other side axle). I used the rod from
> a lawn chair once at the track...

Check out the new British Cars Forum: