RE: Living in CA

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Living in CA
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:31:10 -0700
Crash wrote:
Jacques,  You have touched on the biggest problem here in Reno. We have been
invaded by Kalifornians. They have us surrounded by 500k houses. Sell your
house you paid 100k for, for a couple of mil and move to Reno, buy a bigger
new one for half a mil in the foothills surrounding Reno.  This brings many
problems in itself, but the really big problem is they want to make Reno
just like what they have run away from. Dump the land yacht and bimmer get
yourself a pick-up.  If you don't like us shooting in your back yard, then
move here.  Quit trying to fit in by changing us to be more like you and
party with the good old boys, just quit trying to Kalifornicate Nevada.

Crash,

I have lived in CA long enough to know that you cannot generalize so
easily - Not all California is Malibu Beach or Beverly Hills, and not all
Californians who move want to recreate there what they have left behind.

My neighbor's son and his friends regularly practice with their dirt bikes
in the field opposite my house... and I would love to be able to shoot in my
back yard, or in the hills in the San Diego county back country - but it's a
big no-no here now, and doing so will guarantee confiscation of your guns
and a fine - or even jail for you - if a Deputy Sheriff is around. All the
back country areas open to shooting were closed in the early 90s.

I live in Lakeside, CA, about 35 miles East of San Diego - and that's Cowboy
country - complete with horses in people's yards (fields) and a rodeo ground
next to local High School. The high school athletes are called the
"Vaqueros". Many of our students are skilled riders and compete regularly in
rodeos or other riding events. The school has a very active agriculture
department. They have livestock on school grounds, including cows, pigs,
goats, sheep... Not exactly the type of students or school as seen in
"clueless"!... By the way, the most common vehicle in Lakeside is probably a
full-size pick up truck, and there are few Bimmers. People of means around
here are more likely to buy a Ford one-ton dually than a BMW M3. Thinking
about it, I have not seen many LBCs around either - and not one single
Sprite (LBC content 8-))

JLC in Lakeside, San Diego county

---