HIF Woes

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: HIF Woes
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 14:21:39 -0700
Fellow Listers,
     I got my new 1275 started for the first time today!  It sounds
great!  Of course with every new startup there are some teething pains.
The HIF44 carb I am using will only run the car if the choke is held
open.   It will not run on the throttle.  I am breking in the lifters on
the cam this way for 20 minutes right now, so that is O.K.  After that I
would like to run the car on the throttle.  Any ideas?  The carb was
rebuilt and modified by Phil at APT.  I just got off the phone with him
and he says put some tape over the float bowl vent and see what that
does. Huh?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2