Re: Clutch woes

To: spritenut@exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch woes
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:19:19 EDT
Is it possible, on this car, that if the throwout bearing isn't running
straight, it's rubbing on the input shaft?  I personally don't agree with the
theory that the trans might turn too hard for pliers even if everything's okay,
not
saying those guys are definitely wrong, I just don't personally agree.  Also,
this can be caused by parts which are quite close but not exactly, which can
come up if designs were changed mid year, or the parts place f'd up or
whatever.  My buddy's S6 did the same exact things with the wrong pressure
plate, it
looked good and fit and had the right part number on the box but wasn't quite
exactly right, it was for something a little different.  Try working THAT one
out when you brought the parts to a garage from a mail order place and the car
in question is turbo AWD, 14 hour job to do the clutch.  It's fixed now but
no one involved  wants to hear from any of the others for a thousand years,
everyone feels like they got screwed.

Throwout lever worn somewhere/somehow?  One little bushing on the throwout
arm left out so it doesn't cover the necessary ground when you push on the
other
end?

Mark M.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: