Re: Midget woes

To: "webers" <webers@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Midget woes
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:51:43 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
On Tuesday 07 September 2004 09:53 am, webers wrote:
> The manual choke
> does not seem to keep the car running on start-up but more frustrating is a
> sort of dead spot when I attempt to take off from a dead stop, I push the
> accelerator pedal down but there is "nothing" for a few moments and I have
> to rev like crazy to get going.

Is the timing set correctly?  Could it be too retarded or maybe the dizzy has
the wrong advance curve.  Check the timing, I think on a UK spec car it is
supposed to be 10 degrees BTC instead of 2 degrees ATC.   This might be the
problem if the car goes like slug until about 2 to 2.5K RPMs.
Just a thought.

Once you get it sorted out the weber will be better than the ZS.  Just
remember you might have more than one problem working to F' you up!

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget

"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting " holy sh*t...what
a ride!"

Check out the new British Cars Forum: