Re: Midget woes

To: PilotRob@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Midget woes
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:48:12 EDT
Cc: webers@nycap.rr.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
These are good points, Skipper.  And also that, since he changed his carb
because his car didn't run well, he might have had a non carb related problem
before that's still screwing things up.

Here's how mine is set up:

Timing, about 16 btc.  Wlists@verizon made a good point on this, mine won't
run ANYWHERE near stock timing with the weber.

Idle Jets  50 in both barrels

Air Jets  165 in the primary barrel, 160 in the secondary

Main Jets I believe are both 140

Check out this page:

http://www.teglerizer.com/dcoe/

It's mostly about sidedrafts but at the bottom is a handy little chart on DGV
settings, it was a big help to me.

But also keep in mind my motor has the compression bumped up, ATP cam, header
and 1 3/4 exhaust.  The table on that webpage has a couple different setups
listed, though, and if you're anywhere near them it should run better than you
say with regard to the carb, in my opinion.

PS no pressure, but did you get the email with the questions?  It's no sweat
either way but if you want me to help you go through it I will.  I promise not
to purposely screw you over so you get so fed up with it you beg me to take
it away for 50 bones.

This was a frustrating time for me too but well worth working through,
haven't touched it since I got it right except to drive.

Mark M.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: