RE: Re[2]: Driveshaft install

To: "'Bill L'" <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Driveshaft install
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:57:05 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Yes, it really is that much easier with the FS5W60A tranny. The shifter
housing on the Datsun is way smaller and doesn't have the big box that the
ribcase trannys have that takes up all the room in the tunnel opening. Just
try "reaching down thru the shifter hole" with a ribcase in place.  I have
even replaced the rear seal on the 5-speed without cutting a hole in the
side of the tunnel.
                Crash

Hello ,

     hmmm. is it really THAT much easier with a 5 speed than a rib
     case? i just reached down thru the shifter hole and guided the
     drive shaft home... course there were two of us... one pushing
     the shaft from the back of the tunnel and me guiding.... ..
     again.. hmmmm?

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com