Re: Wire wheels, etc. for sale

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Wire wheels, etc. for sale
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:59:39 -0500
Dear Spridget People,

First an update. The 1968 Midget is now nestled into the garage with all the
motorcycles and has been getting the lion's share of attention lately as I try
get it running reliably. To date I have gleaned some fairly good information
from
the spridget lists and have really had few questions to ask up until now as most
of the things I've done on the car have been pretty straight forward.

My main problem at the moment is a propensity for the car to stutter and stall
after which it is
*VERY* difficult to get started again. I had chalked this up to *munge* in the
fuel system, but over the weekend I took down the fuel tank and fuel pump and
cleaned everything all the way  to the HIF SU. There was some junk in the bottom
of the tank, but not a lot of it and it rinsed out pretty easily. There was also
some rusty muck in the fuel lines and the fuel filter so I felt pretty confident
that I had the problem licked.   Alas!!   It happened again the next day!!  Now
it is sitting in the garage and when the ignition is switched on the fuel pump
can be heard clicking continuously. It doesn't stop.  And the engine refuses to
start. There is gas in the tank and the lines should be clean after going
through
them all like I did.  Could I have a
sporadically bad fuel pump??  Ideas are very welcome here as I am really
stumped.
BTW,
there is plenty of spark.

Another question for you all if I may be so bold....

I started to install the new convertible top over the weekend and discovered
that
the old
header bar is awfully rusty. I would like to replace it entirely rather than try
to kill off rust
that is down inside it and re-do the entire outside as well.  I looked at both
M0$$ and Vickie's
sites and catelogues and they show the header bar as "not available".  Does
anyone know
where I can get a repro??

Thanks in advance for your able assistance to a LBC newbie.

Cheers!!
Jim Johnson
Dodge City, KS

Check out the new British Cars Forum: