Re: American Motors Sprite*

To: thcollin@mtu.edu, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: American Motors Sprite*
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 05:40:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/04 8:44:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, thcollin@mtu.edu
writes:
> The American Motors Spite
> didn't even get one bid on E-bay. Someday we will hear that someone became
> a multi-millionaire because he/she sold a rare, little sports car - and
> we'll all be kicking ourselves then!!!

I never had much to do with the Sprite, but American Motors made a fine, fine
product for an American car.  My parents owned an Ambassador which was a fine
family car.  I bought one of the new, early production Javelins made back in
1968--It was a sweet car--343 engine was strong and dependable, 4 on the
floor, 8-track stereo, vinyl top, positraction rear end, gold and black.
Beautiful
car.  A really great looking, great running car that gave me little trouble.
I traded it for a 1971 AMX 2 seater with the 360 engine.  A great driver, but
I really liked the Javelin better.  Have thought many times about getting
another '68 Javelin and restoring it.

--David C.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: