Re: Spridgets at car shows

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spridgets at car shows
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:20:18 -0500 with any abuse report
> Well, it galls my hiney to mix AH "square body" Sprites with Midgets.

>From my perspective, I own a Spridget. I use the inclusive definition of
Spridget as meaning all of the cars sold as Sprites or Midgets from 1958 to
1979. They were all built in Abingdon on the same assembly line, weren't
they? Does it take Frank any longer to change the clutch on a Midget than on
a Sprite? (Probably, but that was meant to be a rhetorical question, stop
thinking so hard!) My Midget is not going to win any awards at the annual
car show here, except occasionally from the rally the day before. I would
rather get parked with all of the Spridgets than with a bunch of MGBs. If I
weren't so organizationally impaired, I would be out creating a local
Spridget club with Spridget events and a Spridget section of the car show. I
have nothing particularly against huge healeys and mgbombs, in fact I almost
bought an LE last week, but I see no reason for my car to be parked next to
a bunch of cars whith which I have NOTHING in common except the badge rather
than with a bunch of cars with which I have EVERYTHING in common EXCEPT the
badge.
David Lieb

Check out the new British Cars Forum: