Re: Spridgets at car shows

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spridgets at car shows
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:01:27 -0500 with any abuse report
> If you have never driven a stock bug-I on a mountain road, you probably
can't
> understand what I am talking about. It is your loss.

Would that be up the mountain or down the mountain, Crash?
Your 948 must not be stock either if you talk so blithely about driving it
in the mountains. Of course your idea of what constitutes a mountain might
not be the same as mine.

You sound just like the people who seem to think that Orson Wells would not
have done Citizen Kane in color if he had had half a chance because of the
artistic statement he made by using black and white. Bull. Austin Healey
would not have passed up a 1275 and 5-speed if they had been available to
them. If you don't believe me, ask yourself why they did put the 1098 and
then the 1275 in when they did become available.

Yes, my 72 Midget is heavier than your Bugeye (or Frogeye if you want to be
a purist about everything), but I noticed that I drove my Midget half again
as far to get to Sprite Spree as anybody drove a Bugeye to get there.
Everybody who was going over 500 miles to get there with a Bugeye trailered
their Bugeye past some great Alleghany hills. US30 through Western PA is a
blast! It is all well and good to say how much more fun a Bugeye is, but if
it is going to be a trailer queen, what's the point? No one has ever accused
my Midget of being a trailer queen. I am perfectly willing to agree that the
Donald (the real one, not the one with the goofy hair) created a marvelous
machine in the Bugeye, but you can stop bad-mouthing my candy-ass Midget any
time now ;-)
David Lieb

Check out the new British Cars Forum: