fuel gauge/sender

To: "bugeye@yahoogroups" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fuel gauge/sender
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 07:18:07 -0400 reply-type=original
I hear that later v earlier senders are different in that the resistance on
the sender is reversed for full and empty conditions.  If a newer gauge and
an older sender are used wouldn't this just reverse the indication on the
gauge or will it ruin the sender or gauge?
I also have a negative ground bugeye should the wires on the gauge then be
reversed?
The PO had the wires reversed and I was getting no activity on the gauge at
all.  I then switched the wires and get an  always full indicated.
I'm OK with basic wiring as long as I stick to the diagram but I don't know
about the inner workings of the gauges and sender.

While I'm on it.  Whats the trick to solder bullet connectors to wires.  I
look at the original wiring and don't see how they put those things on. No
trace that I see of solder.  When I solder them on they work but it ain't
pretty.

Phil Nase
60 bugeye

Check out the new British Cars Forum: