Old car & plane parts, no LBC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Old car & plane parts, no LBC
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:43:40 -0500
Tonight I was asked to go "raid" the garage of a friend of my son's
grandfather.
We came home with a T bird Y8 (not a V8) an old ford flat head that
looks like it will fire up, rebuilt way back when and never started.
And a Crosley 4 banger complete with carb, dizzy, and starter!
An old wooden air plane prop, some cool huge 4 spoke wooden steering
wheels, REAL USA made tools, battery chargers, drill press, misc garage
tools, and I found a Judson ignition gizmo, not sure what it is yet.
If anyone wants to buy an old engine, let me know, I'll put you in touch
with Matt.
Matt's grandfather is not up to working out in the shop and gave Matt
anything he wanted. I was the token Old fart to explain what some of the
stuff was to the kids. Like the City Service road map, the ridge reamer,
bearing driver tool, tire chains, and centrifical clutch.
The old guy's brother who died a few years back was a pilot and had
several of his own planes, thus the mountain of old airplane stuff like
gauges, safty wire drilled bolts, and funky spark plugs.
Interesting evening with some great finds. Not that I took anything
except the Judson gizmo, but Matt lives 1/2 way down my block and I get
to borrow any/all the cool old tools :)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ