RE: Spark problems

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: RE: Spark problems
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:40:14 -0600 iAD4e1AC014324
Cc: "Spridget List" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... It RUNS...I guess after setting for two years the
points were oxidized.  I filed them and verified they were sparking,
re-installed the cap and vroom...  Has 50 lbs oil pressure idling,
except for one other problem.  After letting it idle for about 5 minutes
the water in the radiator still wasnt circulating.  Shouldnt it have
opened by then?  Might the thermostat have stuck due to having been
sitting for so long?  The block was warm and the tube between the bypass
tube for the heater was quite warm.  Ideas....  Now a little timing
work, and some small adjustments on the carbs...Anybody want to come
help a semi blind person for a weekend. LOL  Damn after this long it is
nice to hear it run, next it will be great to see it move under its own
power.  It needs a little more bleeding on the brakes though.  First
push goes about 1/2 way down and the next push is rock solid.  And I
have to fix one short that is on the green wire that comes off of the A4
terminal on the fuse block, but that is easy to trace out.

Leo (very, very happy)

---