HP on turbo motor

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HP on turbo motor
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:21:22 -0800
I reset the timing before I left for home tonight and now at 7deg adv. I got
78 and 81 HP at the wheels on two successive runs.  I still think I'm getting
detonation above 6500 and have reset to 2deg. to try out tomorrow.  This thing
is starting to howl!  With the timing belt and tight new rebuild, the motor is
smooth and quiet, with the exhaust note still low and throaty but with a
slight 'bark' to it above 4K.  The huge difference in HP between the two
timing settings has got me anxious to optimize it once and for all.  Then I
suppose I'll start obsessing about the carb needle....

This process is definitely going to cost me whats left of this pair of back
tires, but this G-tech is a bunch of fun.  Fiddle with the car, make the
numbers get bigger, fiddle with the car, recheck the numbers until the CHP has
zeroed in on the sound of all that fun.  Then you just hope they get all
gee-whizzy about the car and the toy and forget to write a ticket.  We''l see
how that theory flies eventually.

Glen