Garage Floors

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Garage Floors
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:22:58 -0800
OK, I asked the list, and only got one reply about the Race Deck garage floor
system.  I did alot of reading, and contacted a few other people.  I have a
garage that  I do occasional light mechanical work, occasional light wood
working, and sometimes need to use as a room for things like my daughters
birthday party.  I wanted something nicer than cement.  Nobody seemed to like
painted, and as few were happy with their epoxy floors.  Vinyl flooring won't
stay put due to hydrostatic pressure of the cement breathing.

I found a product called Kiwi Tile, similar to Race Deck.  It is less
expensive, and the supplier is here in California.  I got the tiles shipped in
two days.  It was easy to install, like a giant lego set.  My garage is 21x21,
and I had the floor all finished in about 5 hours.

So far the pluses are looks cool, cleans easily, installs easily.  Minuses are
its still pretty expensive, and I dropped my cordless drill accidently, and of
course it fell point first, and of course it punctured clear through one of
the tiles.

I have posted pictures of the garage in my webshots folder
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg in the 69 MG folder.  Take a look &
see what you think.

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net