Re: CA registration

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "David Riker" <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: CA registration
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:13:48 -0800 reply-type=response
David and others,

My bugeye came with a pair of black and yellow plates which they tried to
force me to turn in.  New plates were issued over my objections so I somehow
"forgot" to turn the black and yellows.  After a few months of fighting and
writing an appeal to DMV that included evidence that the B+Ys were correct
for this car, they finally relented and allowed me to go back to the
original B+Y plates.  So it can be done if you submit the appeal form with
appropriate evidence.  The woman who called to tell me I won was actually
very nice and accomodating.

Glen Byrns