Re: Is this normal??

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Is this normal??
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:07:39 -0600
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
On Dec 14, 2004, at 5:48 PM, Charles Christ wrote:

> hey lester?
> possibly do you have rocks or something similar in your gas tank?
> very possible that something is or was dropped into your tank either
> by a
> child fooling around or some mischevious person.
> i'm still purging "mud" from my 67 saabs fuel tank, filter after
> filter....rotten kids at the porsche shop i got it from!

Well some of the noise comes from the shocks as I can duplicate it by
rocking the car side to side.  That said, some of it happens  at slow
forward speeds, like the last 20 feet before a stop sign, not engine
speed related but forward motion related.  I don't think that it's
coming from the diff (Although having worked with front wheel drive
cars for over 30 years what do I know about rear drive cars.) but  only
because the sound seems to come bilaterally..

> chuck.
> btw?  you have the top snapped to the rear deck and the metal bar in
> place
> that secures it to the two chrome tear drop shaped pieces?

Yes

> also wich side
> curtains?  steel framed sewn vynal and clear top window material for
> windows or aluminum framed sliding plexiglass 2 piece windows?

The Al ones, seems that the tracks or material in them is a little
iffy..  any ideas on replacement of the felt in there??

> hmmm, a
> factory hard top fixes this ya know!  *grin*

I got one of those.. but what is it going to do to the paint?  And
where do I get replacement foam and seal?

Lester