Re: Parts Cleaning Solvents/Fluids?

To: Jim Rogers <jarplanner@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Cleaning Solvents/Fluids?
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:58:22 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "bugeye@yahoogroups.com" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
On Sunday 26 December 2004 08:35 pm, Jim Rogers wrote:

> Its been a long time since I've done a lot of parts cleaning so I am
> wondering what are the recommended solvents & fluids? Must be something
> better out there now I hope.

I use the low odor paint thinner but I only have a 3.5 gallon parts washer.
It works well, cuts the grease and crap.  For a 20 gallon washer that is a
lot of thinner at a couple of bucks a gallon.  You might try Safety Kleen at
http://www.safety-kleen.com

I am not to fond of the water based stuff, I don't really think it works very
well.

Bill Gilroy