It Barely Runs!

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: It Barely Runs!
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 16:12:01 -0600
Hello,

I've had my 1962 Bugeye for about 3 years and I only drive it on nice days
when I get the itch.  The original drivetrain was restored a few years ago and
it's always started on the first try and run like a top whenever I pulled the
starter switch.  I was surprised a few weeks ago when it started a kind of
slow, idled a bit rough and when I got out on the road was missing badly
whenever I pushed on the accelerator.  The miss kind of goes away when I let
off the accelerator but it's bad enough that I can't exceed about 30 - 40 mph.
I thought it may have some bad fuel and I was running low so I put some
premium in with no change.  Then I thought a plugged fuel filter so I changed
that with no fix.  Now I've put new spark plugs in and it's still the same.
Should I look at points, condenser, cap and wires next?  Also, I'm not really
sure how those wires fit into that distributor cap...

Thanks,
Dan Corning
Nashville, TN.
1962 Bugeye