Re: It Barely Runs!

To: Dan Corning <dcorning@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: It Barely Runs!
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:11:09 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Dan,

I believe I once had this happen too.  It was the side entry dist. cap.  The
set screws that hold the high tension wire loosened up and caused it to miss.
BTW find a electronics screw driver, they can reach into that cap with out any
problems and tighten them right up.  I have also seen the low tension wire
short out causing a miss.  This is the small wire inside the dizzy that
connects the points to the coil.  It sometimes will frey and vibrations will
short intermittently.  Most likely it is electrical.  I also had the cap come
loose one side this caused a miss.

Good luck

ww Ricky
On Sunday, January 02, 2005, at 02:22PM, Dan Corning <dcorning@comcast.net>