Re: Front suspension

To: <gmeyer01@snet.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Front suspension
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:46:28 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
I haven't been into the front suspension lately, but IIRC, there is a
bronze washer under the Trunnion. There are also some shims on the top
of the king pin as well (look like really thin washers), but at the
moment I don't recall their precise position.

If your kingpin isn't drilled for the cotter, it's probably from one of
the newer suspension kits designed to use a nylock nut in place of the
castle nut. Mine have the nylocks on them, and I haven't had any
problems.

Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/