RE: Front suspension

To: "The Mayers" <gmeyer01@snet.net>, "Sprite" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net> j0HGrcAC006919
Subject: RE: Front suspension
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:52:25 -0600
Hi The Mayers, my Sprite Mk2 does have a bronze washer but it goes under
each upper trunion, not under the nut.  There is a (hardened) flat
washer between the castellated nut and the top of the trunion (at least
on my car).  My new king pins were not drilled for cotter pins but were
furnished with Nylok type nuts instead.  I adjusted everything using the
old castellated nuts to achieve the proper end play then drilled thru
the king pin tops and installed new cotter pins.  I liked this better
than the lock nut idea.
Jack