Re: January in Scotland (no lbc) long*

To: duncan@pondhop.com, Guy.Weller@kencomp.net, davriker@pacbell.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: January in Scotland (no lbc) long*
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:14:05 EST
In a message dated 1/16/05 2:36:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
duncan@pondhop.com writes:
> gave the impression
> that it was all like this not a small part.

Paula and I roamed Scotland for 2 weeks summer before last and we never felt
threatened or observed any negatives.  It is a lovely country with lovely
people.   We did stay away from the larger burghs, such as Edinburough and
Aberdeen, where I am sure we would have experienced a different sort of
culture, but
we HAVE spent time in London and Edinburgh previously without difficulty other
than being in larger cities with their inherent problems.

We are anxious to return--we were looking forward to going again this summer
but the current administration's economy has the dollar dipping so low that
the rate of exchange is horrible.  Plus the airlines are playing games with
frequent flyer miles.

--David C.