Re: Japanese Webers on Ebay

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Japanese Webers on Ebay
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:58:18 -0500 FILETIME=[D4BCC5C0:01C500BC]
I have met the good Dr Marty. Happened to see the Bugeye in my driveway one
day and stopped to chat about it. A very nice guy, big time enthusiast who
has personally restored several british cars. He's been getting into some
parts supplying. He started with gear reduction starters, which he has said
he would sell for $150 to any lister.  I see that he is getting into the
aluminum head and roller rocker stuff too. looks like really good prices.
Haven't talked to him lately, but I will try to get more info such as his
suppliers and such on all this for ya'll.

For his starter info, check out
www.britishstarters.com

NFI, yada, yada

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer under resto

----Original Message Follows----
From "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob at webtv.net>

Very interesting, Mike.

The good doctor marketing these here in
the states is just south of me by about 1 hr.
on Long Island. And this price is a good
price. Genuine Weber DCOE types are going for $1,000 according to most
recent
VB catalog.

I like the external adjustment features for
float bowl level and pump jet (acceleration
circuit) on the OER manufactured unit to
tune for off-idle WOT acceleration wherein
often is found the infamous "flat" spot or
"bog". More "user friendly" set-up.

But "45" is too
much for a 948 or 1098. Bet he's handling
"40"'s as well. I will email the good doctor
and find out.

Cap'n Bob
'60 Frog