Re: Need midget tech advice

To: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: Need midget tech advice
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 07:52:33 -0500 6.0.1|February 07, 2003) at 02/01/2005 08:38:44 AM, Serialize complete at 02/01/2005 08:38:44 AM
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Rick and List,
I think the problem stems from the "Vizardized" carbs.  I've done several
sets of these now and you simply can't make them work with any form of
stock needles.  As the RPM's go up they get extremely lean and temps go
through the roof.  You can pull the choke to richen the mixture, but this
isn't acceptable for any length of time or for proper performance.

The right fix is to start with the needles that work best at idle and low
rpm, them file small flats on the tapers to obtain either acceptable EGT's
on the front and rear tubes or preferably to obtain proper exhaust gas
emissions from the front and rear tubes.

A third option is to install stronger springs or ticker oil i nth dampers
to reduce the rate of rise of the dashpots.  This is not a solution, but a
band aid.

Tell John to find a friend with an exhaust gas analyzer and file those
needles.

Tommy
 61 MGA hot rod  - still for sale, contact me off list
67 Franken Sprite