Re: wide wheels cheap

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: wide wheels cheap
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:00:54 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Glen

Before you have someone weld in your Austin centers to the Vega rims,
make sure your wheel guy checks that the Vega rims are not out of round.
When I bought my Vega wheels at a specialty junkyard (wheels & tires
only), we went thru about 9 rims to find 5 that were true.

Easy test -  an axle was set up on bench with measured marks in
background (I forget gradiations - 1/16inches?) - if wheel is out of
round you can see amount of wobble when spinning wheel.

Let us know how the rim & center swap works out. I might want to do the
same with my wheels.

Regards,
Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA