NLB but good information

To: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: NLB but good information
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:07:35 -0600
PLEASE FORWARD IMPORTANT INFORMATION

>From the desk of

          Sheriff

   Jerry Speziale

Computer Safety

Please be advised that Google has a feature wherein you can type a telephone
number into the search bar and hit enter and immediately you will be given a
map to the location. Everyone should be aware of this Internet Feature and
take the necessary precautions to have your number blocked and removed from
the database.

Note:

Anyone can have their phone number removed or blocked from this system.

I personally tested this Goggle feature by typing a number into Goggle.com.
As stated, the number came up, and after clicking on the mapquest link, I
was provided a map directly to the location.  The safety issues are obvious
and alarming and I felt it was important to pass it on to my subscribers.

Determining if your number is in the system

Step 1. Go to http://www.google.com/

Step 2. Type your phone number in the search bar,
            (i.e. 555-555-1212 - with or without the hyphens)

Step 3. Hit enter

Blocking Goggle from Divulging your Private Information

Step 1. Go to http://www.google.com/

Step 2. Type your phone number in the search bar,
            (i.e. 555-555-1212 - with or without the hyphens)

Step 3. Click on the removal form and submit.

Removal takes approximately 48 hours.

Sincerely,

Jerry Speziale
Passaic County Sheriff