Re: 1993 Jag XJ6 opinions

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: 1993 Jag XJ6 opinions
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:26:32 -0500
Cc: "'Michael Graziano'" <mgraziano@austin.rr.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:
> Another Thompson chimes in...
>
> Owning a Jag is like being married to a beautiful woman that cheats on ya.
> While the ride might be fun, she's gonna break your heart and clean out your
> bank account in due time....

I had several thousand trouble free miles out of my 88 XJ6.
I mean sure, a few things were wrong with it when I bought it but
nothing a few nights after work couldn't fix.
Dirty fuses, bad head light ground, cut wire to the power antenna.
(stick on wire harness holders let go and the trunk lid cut the wire)
Leaky cam cover gasket and a squeaky shock mount bushing (was loose)
My only break down was the ignition *box* $250 from Jag at the time, but
inside was a $2 Lucas condenser same as a Spridget and a $20 GM made in
mexico ignition module. So I fixed it for $22.
I replaced my headliner myself with $17 worth of padded material (same
as original) and replaced a few interior bulbs and a fiber optic bulb.
Electrically they are the same as any LBC, just more wires.
Lucas switches come apart, clean the contacts and use em again.
Personally, I want another one! Great lines, and not too bad to fix at
home.
Watch for rust in the dog legs and around the windshields.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ