Low power

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Low power
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:51:39 EST
Listers,

Got my '73 Midget project running now and it has stopped breathing fire out
the carbs since installing a new distributor in the car, but now it just
doesn't have any power.  (Didn't have any before.)  I took it out for a test
drive
today after setting timing and tuning the carbs but it just has no go.  I can
get it up to about 3500 rpm while driving but the engine just doesn't want to
go any faster.

I have spark to all the plugs, but when I remove the wires (one at a time of
course) #2 & 3 don't seem to make much difference when removed.  #1 & 4
seriously bog the engine down when removed.  Seems like the middle two
cyllinders
are not working properly.

Anyone got any ideas?  I'm starting to run out of the easy ones as I've
adjusted valves, carbs, timing, changed out wires, plugs, points, condenser,
and so
on.

Tim
'73 Midget