Re: Jumpy Timing, No Power - Resolved

To: Healybj8@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jumpy Timing, No Power - Resolved
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:47:04 EST
I have been having a similiar situation with my SU's on my 1275 Bugeye.

I have been using a Colour Tune which really helps me see the condition of
the spark.

My spark which should be "bunsen blue" is running yellow which indicates a
rich mixture.  I think that my choke adjustment is off and is pulling the
needles open.  So I am going to take a look at that today.

If you can use a Colour Tune and can get your spark to stay blue up through
the rpm range they you will be fine.  The spark tends to yellow out as you
increase rpm's - so you have to spend some time with it to get it right.  You
might see a bit of yellow appearing as you increase revs, even in a fairly well
adjusted carb - but it should settle back to blue as you stablize whatever RPM
you are at.

If I cannot get mine to behave where I want them - then I will assume I have
some worn parts in my carbs that need attention (on to a Weber Side Draft 45).

Kirk
59 Bugeye in horrid yellow that needs to be painted