Re: Help! Low end stumble

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help! Low end stumble
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:59:51 -0500
Thanks for the ideas. To answer some of the questions/suggestions in one
note:

Dashpot oil - I've topped it up a few times since the rebuild was
completed and I started driving it regularly last summer and it's always
done this ever since. There is a VERY good possibility that the oil is
the wrong viscosity as I've just been using regular engine oil - 10w50 I
think. Gut feeling is that may be too thick, so the mix may be too lean
at first? I know there is "offical" dashpot oil available, don't know
why I haven't bought some. What else that I might find locally would be
suitable?

Springs - not really sure what's in there. Most likely whatever was
stock in '67 carbs.

Needle - again, stock for a '67 carb. Can't remember offhand which one
that is. Maybe need something richer at low RPMs?

Timing - possible something has moved, but was spot on when I set it
last summer. But maybe need a little tweaking with the (rather mild)
engine mods?

Thanks for the ideas!

Eddie
'71 Midget - Bebop