Re: extracting boot lock core

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: extracting boot lock core
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:05:34 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Glen Byrns wrote:

Help!  Does anyone know how to extract the lock core from a boot lid handle?
Glen

I did it on the A40 and most LBCs have a pin somewhere.
Or a spiral clip around the end. You also need the key in the cylinder to remove the tumblers.
And if, like me, you totally mess it up, and if it is an "L" or "T" handle with a square peg like the Sprite, look in the garage door lock section of a hardware or home center. Nice chrome locking handles for about $8 with keys. Go for the generic brand unless you want the handle to say Clopay ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Your messages not reaching the list?