Re: bugeye HS-2 carb trouble

To: Mike Aarset <mike.aarset@gmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bugeye HS-2 carb trouble
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:01:29 -0600
Cc: spridgets-owner@autox.team.net
Forgot to snip the trailer...

Did you check for vacuum leaks?

On the pistons, pull the dampers and the air filters (engine off) and lift
the piston in each carb with a finger.  I fit drops smoothly and lands with
a "click" at the bottom when you let go, you're fine.  If it hangs up, drags,
doesn't drop smoothly, you have a problem.  If it's seems a little sticky,
try it again without the springs in the dashpots.  If it's bad with the
springs, it'l be worse without.

Chris K.

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:17:16 -0800, Mike Aarset wrote