Re: RE: tips and advice

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE: tips and advice
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:31:51 -0500
To verify what I wrote, and to whom it is credited, I would have to check my
emails at home.  I'm guessing that if I read it in Vizard's book then it would
be fairly public knowledge on the list.

This empirical?
"Empirical: relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard
for system and theory" :)

Seriously though, I have checked with David to make sure that my guy can
contact him for advice and was told that he can.  ( He may have said that he
can contact tech info. ?? )  At any rate, yes, I do want people talking the
same language talking to each other and sharing the right info, without me
getting in the way.

Unfortunately, it is not the Turbo head that is in the mail; it is the Metro
head.  The Turbo head is, I think, a beefier version of what's in the mail.
Visually, in a picture, they look the same.  You can probably look up my
purchase on ebay by searching for "MG metro head".

I wish that I knew what I want in technical terms.  I summarized it quite
briefly yesterday.  "I want what I had before."  Is that radical?  I don't
know.  But, I think I should get the metal in hand, and see and feel what it
is, before I go further with it.

Performance street.  The engine was stage 1 tuned by Oselli in about '72.  I
saw a dyno report that said 112hp.  When I got it a few years back, I got to
drive it a bit before it got too blue ( the air around me ).  I want 'that'
performance back, or better, but it is to be 'street'.

Cost wise, I'm starting with a new modern lead free head for about $300 US.  To
me, that doesn't seem like a bad place to start?  My new valves, etc from APT
will fit it, with a bit of machining for the larger valves.  When it gets here,
we'll get a look at it, and let the experts talk with the example in hand.  If
it suits, great.  If not, it's probably for sale and I'll see what else I can
find.  I have all the seats, etc to rebuild one, as my original plan was to
rebuild mine.

I don't have Vizard with me, wasn't there an 'F' that is the Turbo Metro?