Re: Sandblaster Recommendation

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sandblaster Recommendation
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:14:02 -0600
Hi Tim, that one from Harbor freight is the one i own, I used Peter
caldwells professional unit at his shop, and there isnt a lot of
difference, but other than these 2 I have no other experiance other
than a gravity feed back pack unit (that sucks!)

I will tell you, right off the bat, get glass beads though, ($20-25
per bag) the cheap stuff that you can get other places makes life
miserable. (Menards sells Black beauty for 6 bucks a bag, and it will
drive you NUTS)

good luck.
Your gonna want to get a cabinet right away too, thats the BEST part
of the equation, I used to dread blasting, as that stuff getts in your
ears and EVERY where else lol
a pic of my blaster and cabinet
http://thompsoncarpentry.com/personalgallery/album04/goofin_with_Bryan

here is a pic or 2 of some Miata wheels I blasted in the cabinet with that unit

http://thompsoncarpentry.com/personalgallery/album03