Re: Classic car insurance??

To: lewing@sport.rr.com, turbo@ifound.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, vSAAB@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Classic car insurance??
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:56:49 EST
In a message dated 3/10/2005 8:34:52 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
lewing@sport.rr.com writes:

Ok, who  has had good experiences with classic car insurance companies?
And  which ones would you recommend?

Lester

Great question Lester.  I have asked this on this list and others, and  while
some have had the classic insurance with no problems for some time, no one
has ever responded with a story of the great coverage they had in an expensive
accident.  It appears most of these companies are not insurance companies  at
all, only insurance brokers.  I want to hear a story about how they  covered
someone, when the insured ran their beat up MGB into the side of  the new
Bentley and broke the rock star piano players fingers, and still got the  MGB
repaired better than new.

If you can find the name of the company they are quoting, go to
_www.ambest.com_ (http://www.ambest.com)  and check the rating of the company.

Jay F can explain the ratings better than I.

Robert Houston