Re: aaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: aaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:08:20 -0800 reply-type=original
Monte
As per Frank, the good old circlip works great, however, the e-clip serves
two functions. One is to hold the cylinder from falling off the backing
plate, the other is to hold it tightly to the backing plate with a spring
effect.  A washer behind the circlip will help hold the cylinder flush with
the backing plate.  Or you can pull out the locating pin, drill out
slightly, tap the hole, and mount with a bolt.

If you think mounting the wheel cylinder with the e-clips is tough with the
backing plate off of the car, just try doing it with them ON the car!

David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg