TR2/4 Water Pump Drive

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2/4 Water Pump Drive
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:50:15 EDT
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
I developed a toothed belt drive that reduced the pump speed.
My research showed it to be more efficient than a "V" belt.

Bearing shops have the info;  center to center, max speed, etc.
 aluminum toothed stock is sold per length; was quite expensive.

I have seen Formula Fords with very small pulleys and belts; I went much
larger.

The block pressure was OK on the dyno, and it survived pace and victory laps,
and many very hot ambient races.

I slotted the pump mount holes and the housing to block holes, so that I did
not need an idler pulley (No charging system) with a std. length belt

Perhaps the FOT archives have my posts?

Hardy