Steering column threads

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering column threads
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:26:20 -0700
The first 1/8 inch of threads on the steering column
of my sprite are damaged and I can't get the nut
on to hold the steering wheel on.
It's not a major thing but it would be nice to have a nut
there for safety.

Anyone know what tap and die tool I can use to re-thread
the column so I can get a nut on to hold the steering wheel?

thanks
Mike