Tail Light Assemble interchangability

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tail Light Assemble interchangability
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 22:13:21 EDT
Gentlemen,

I own (or am owned by) a 1974 Midget, but I have always liked the  appearance
of the "sculpted" 1961-1969 tail light lenses (all red) rather than  the
"blocky" 1970-1980 red and amber lenses.

Are the lenses interchangeable?  Looking in the parts catalog it is
difficult to tell, but the 1961-1969 lens is definitely two pieces, and I don't
 know
what holds on the upper lens.

If the lenses are not interchangeable, how about the whole  assemblies?  What
kind of modifications are required to the rear fender of  a 1974 midget to
accept the 1961-1969 tail light assembly?  Are  the fasteners/holes in the
right
places?  Again it is hard to tell  from the Mo$$ catalog

Thank you.

Steve Swarin
'74 Midget (bugeye in disguise)