ARRGGHHHHH!!!

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Turbo!The Digest SAAB <turbo@ifound.com>, (YahooGroups) vSAAB <vSAAB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: ARRGGHHHHH!!!
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:20:47 -0500
Ok,

        so it's a perfect day here in Shreveport, high is around 65, a few
clouds , just perfect.  I am one of two cars tooling down the main
drag.  I am driving my '59 Bugeye Sprite the other driver is driving
his new Porsche Boxter with his two young children in the
not-fit-for-human back seats.  As we pull up to a stop light that is
about to go green I look over and say, "This is the only way to drive!"
  by which I mean a convertible on a perfect day, he looks back with his
butch cut, greased up hair and responds, "Is that a Porsche too?".
After driving SAABs for over 30 years that sort of remark doesn't phase
me anymore.  I politely told him, "No, this is a 1959 Austin Healy".
No reason to go into Sprties for that was clearly beyond his
comprehension.  Ok, so I can understand that if he's a Porsche guy he
would think  that we all want to drive Porsche's but it would appear
that he is just a guy with money, a real Porsche guy would know at
least a little of the history of the marque.  Frustrating and damn
Funny..  "Is that a Porsche too?"  I just about fell out of the car..

Just a funny to share among those who understand..

Lester