WOT: drilling allen wrenches?

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: WOT: drilling allen wrenches?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:11:47 -0400
Hey Y'all, ever drill thru an allen wrench? We have several
at the gym for adjusting weights, and I'd like to put a ring
in each to attach a chain to tether these guys before any
more walk off. I have tried with several drill bits, each
claiming to be made "especially" for drilling thru
hard metals (like, Tru Value "Cobalt" bits). I can
get thru one face and well into the wrench, but it always
stops just before exiting the other side, at which the
bit is useless - totally dullsville. Try another bit in the
same hole, and it dulls immediately. No further
progress.

I need some help here,

chuck