Re: WOT: drilling allen wrenches?, no weld 'em!

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: WOT: drilling allen wrenches?, no weld 'em!
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:51:22 -0400
Thanks to  ALL of y'all who sent suggestions. The MIG idea would
be great, if only I had one. But this is a one-off kinda problem.
Ain't gonna buy no MIG for just this :-) But this is a great
suggestion.

ASIDE: My Dad used to own and run a large and magnificent
welding and fabrication shop up in New England. Were it
still there, I'd have all kinda of solutions. (We spun-cast and
welded the valves for the Nautilus submarine, and built the
sorters for nuclear fuel rods for New England power plants.
How low we have fallen!.)

Gonna try a carbide-bit masonary drill, while using slower
and gentler drilling.

Finally, will end up using epoxy, a wire spiral, and a ring.
Whatever works.

cheers

t'other chuck