Helicopters( no LBC )

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Helicopters( no LBC )
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:51:25 -0500
I've got around 5000hrs total time in attack helicopters.... and there is not
doubt that my first love is the Cobra....  sweet aircraft... the thing just
fit.... kinda like driving a bugeye or a box sprite.... the just work.... the
click of the gear shift after a while becomes a part of you.... Flying at that
level is the same.... and when you get something as sexy as a Cobra to fly and
get to do it for 3-5 hrs every day with students and have the opportunity to
teach America's finest children... it's pure heaven..... and I'm not thinking
back with fond memories that might have been..... I absolutely loved every
minute of it at the time and lived my life like I loved it...

I wish all of you could feel what it's like to see the Bonneville salt flats
out your windshield for the first time coming into speedweek..... it's exactly
like those days.... a pure joy... all the work is done and your there to set
the world on fire or break your stuff.....  When you can appreciate what it
takes to live these kind of dreams you began to understand when the fella sits
up there crying at the winners circle.....

Life isn't cheap..... it costs time and effort.... but damn I'm glad to be
alive...

Keith