Re: Grade 8 vs grade 5

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grade 8 vs grade 5
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:50:47 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net> wrote:
> ways. Fr'instance, "flex" in a C-5A's (or

At Robins AFB (at least) they refer to the C-5A as
"Fred".  Stands for "F'in Ridiculous Economic
Disaster."

I used to work in Plant 5 at Grumman Aerospace where
they did static testing.  They'd bend the E-2C wings
several feet during final checkout.  Almost as much
fun to watch as the carrier drop test, where we'd pick
up the plane 10 feet or so in the air, and drop it to
simulate a carrier landing.  I am young enough to have
been a college co-op student watching the X-29 forward
swept wing aircraft being assembled for 1st flight,
and old enough to have seen it long-retired last year
at Edwards AFB outside a gift shop as a corroding
statue. Depressing on a lot of levels.

'hopper
(deciding whether to hop in the rain at Gingerman this
weekend)