Fwd: OSHIT Update

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fwd: OSHIT Update
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:58:28 -0400
>Resent since I forgot the trailer ;-)
>
>Larry

Excerpt from http://www.team.net/posting.html

You didn't edit your reply.

The problem, often referred to as TOFU, is a waste of limited resources.
The acronym comes from German, basically meaning original on top, full
reply under, but even with three years of German in high school I can't
remember the exact phrase.

When replying to a message, a fair number of mail programs stupidly
include the entire original automatically as part of the reply.  And
most folks are quite happy to let it be so, rather than just quoting
the relevant sentence or two in their reply.  So instead of a simple,
straightforward response like this: