Re: Roll bar

To: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roll bar
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:28:55 -0500 reply-type=original
Personal experience..I found a rollbar for my little brothers 67 Datsun
roadster.
I bought it because it was cool, cheap and would fit under the top.
It sat around the house for a few weeks, then we installed it and did a
reasonable job for a show bar. We didn't weld anything,just some big bolts.
Then he slids it sideways off the Interstate highway at 65 MPH.
At least 3 rolls and a nose pirouette and a HARD slam on the passenger side
with the ground at about 1 O'clock. Did the rollbar help? I'm convinced that
it did. The windshield was wiped out and the rollbar was bent and had broken
loose from one of the 4 mounting points.
I think Brad may have seen the car at one time and I do have pics.
Some protection is better that no protection. But, the best protection is
still the best.
Bruce (TX)